Monday, September 14, 2009

Homework Assignment Four

Homework Assignment 4

Part A)

My questions was referenced to time. I asked everyone to predict when cars will be fully automated. We chose to put emphasis on the median because the mean or average can be skewed by the extremities.

This is the range and median of my fellow classmates guesses before and after the Delphi Method. People could see some ambiguity from my question. To say cars are fully automated is not very specific. People could argue that cars are somewhat automatic now with features like cruise control and automated windows. When I postulated my question I was imagining a car that would open automatically and once you were inside take you to your final destination. I did not specify this in class so many people might have had a hard time knowing what I define as a fully automated car.
If I were to reword my question I would ask the class how long they think it would take for cars to become automatic where no human intervention was needed besides telling the car’s computer what destination you seeked. By not asking the question with this detail I might have gotten skewed results from peoples misinterpretation.

Part B)

I needed to pick a subject for my semester topic. This topic will our be our final project for this class. I have decided to look at transhumanism because of my interest in seeing "homo evolutis" occur. My first course of action is too research about transhumanism. From there I will make predictions and take about the pros and cons of transhumanism.

No comments:

Post a Comment